Safe and Secure

I love this humorous picture from Peru.  It shows a typical store front door locked up after business hours.  Apparently the owner feels safe knowing he has secured his property.  A Peruvian friend once told me that locks, alarms and window bars only keep the "honest criminals" out.  He assured me that burglars can get in any place they choose.  The locks just slow them down and persuade them to move on to the next location because they're too lazy to do the hard work of breaking in.

Perhaps this picture could represent the lives of the majority of the people on earth today.  They try to make plans, doing everything in their power to find peace and security in a troubling world.  Yet, without God they are miserable and probably don't even know why.  Psalm 27:4-5 speaks of security with God, "For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock."  The only true security in this life is found in a relationship with Jesus Christ!  May God bless us as we share this message of safety and security with the millions in Peru.