OK, OK...I Give Up...I'll Do It!

For several years I have rejected the idea of jumping on the "Social Network" bandwagon.  I guess I just saw it all as a huge waste of time.  I tried to convince myself that it was mostly for teenagers, college students and only the hippest of urban professionals.   I had some friends ridicule me for not connecting on Facebook.  Others even threatened to sign up a Facebook account in my name.  I often commented that "I hope to be the last human on earth without a Facebook account!"  Then a pastor friend made a comment that got me thinking.  He said, "Saying you're not going to use Facebook today is like saying you're not going to use a telephone."   Why was I not taking advantage of this huge communication tool?

Consider these statistics:  There are now more than 500,000,000 Facebook users.  That means 1 in every 13 people on earth have a Facebook account!  More than 70% of American internet users use Facebook.  48% of 18-34 year old users check Facebook as soon as they wake up.  28% check Facebook on their smart phone before they even get out of bed.  57% of people talk to people more online than they do face-to-face in real life.  48% of young Americans find out about news through Facebook.  25% of all American internet traffic is on Facebook.

So, all of you Facebook fans win!  I've set up an account for our family.  I hope its a way to communicate with all of the people that faithfully pray for our family.  We'll post pictures from Peru.  We'll post prayer requests and updates.  We'll use it as a tool to communicate quickly and efficiently with those of you who care to "Like" us.  We will continue to update our blog, and the girl's blog.  We'll also continue to send out our monthly prayer updates by email.  Please look up our page.   You can find it at:  www.facebook.com/poefolks

Oh, and don't forget to "Like" us!