Don't Read This Post!

We constantly try to promote our blog through our email updates. We want our friends and family to read about our ministry so that they can pray effectively. However, I saw an admonition in a book I recently started reading that got me thinking. It said: "If you have time to read this book today, but have not taken the time to read your Bible, then you do not have time to read this book!" What a powerful statement! Have you read your Bible today?

Did you know that only 16 percent of professing Christians read their Bible on a daily basis? Studies show that each year Christians have less and less Bible knowledge. What a sad reflection on the spiritual life of the average believer.

I'll continue to update my blog. I'll continue to encourage people to read it. But perhaps I should occassionally ask, "Have you read your Bible today?"