All good things must come to an end...

Today was one of those great days. We woke up this morning to beautiful sunshine. That is a treat this time of year since many days are foggy and cold. We were able to get a lot accomplished this morning at home and even had some time to play with the girls. Then tonight at church we had a great turn out of young people. We have been studying the book of Revelation with them and they are so excited to learn. I was especially pleased to see a 14 year old boy stay afterwards. He wanted to know how to be saved. I sat and watched as he prayed to trust Christ as his personal savior. When he finished praying he looked up and said, "This makes me your brother now, right?" It was great to see God working in his young life. After church tonight I headed home, had a quick supper and looked forward to watching a kids show with the girls in our bedroom. I was relaxing and feeling great. Suddenly, Olivia looks up and throws up all over the entire family. That's right, no one was spared! I will spare you the details, but it was a rough ordeal for us all. It wasn't the relaxing end to a great day I had anticipated.

I am always so filled with pity when I see one of my girls sick. Nobody seems more helpless than a sick child. Tonight, while cleaning up a rather disgusting mess I couldn't help but thank God for the grace He gives us parents when we have to clean up after our little ones. All moms and dads out there are always ready to help their sick or needy child. Even if it means cleaning up after them. The thought crossed my mind tonight that many times God our heavenly Father does the same for us. We make some disgusting messes in our lives, yet He is always there to show His grace and mercy and help us clean our lives up. Having my own children gives me a tiny glimpse of that incredible love that our heavenly Father has for us. What a blessing to be a child of the King!