Watch that Last Step!

Life in Lima is never dull!  With nearly 10 million people living in one city there are always interesting things to see.  I once saw this tiny apartment for rent.  The owners can proudly note that the unit has its own independent private entrance!  (Just watch that last step, its a doozy!)  I pity the renter that plans on using that front door.

When I saw this odd scene I was reminded of the sad condition of many in the world today.  There are many people offering a plan for getting into heaven.  Some believe you can work your way into God's presence.  Others are counting on religious tradition and sacraments.  Some are even teaching that we are all God's children and everyone ends up in heaven in the end.  Yet, the message of John 14:6 shows us real spiritual truth:  Only Christ can give us access to heaven.  Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life:  no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."  Try to enter heaven any other way, and you'll sadly fall short. 

Do you know for sure that you have a home in Heaven?  If so, what are you doing to share Christ's Gospel message with the world around you?