Only One Life

Today we are grieving the loss of a dear friend and co-worker in the Lord, Barbara Stuart. Barbara had a tremendous impact in my life and in the life of many young people. I have so many fond memories of Barbara. She always had a big smile and a servants heart. During my teen years she was a vital part of our church youth group working as a leader alongside her husband Warren. They were by my side on six youth missions trips. Barbara was there when I nervously took my first airplane flight and gave my testimony for the first time in front of a large group. I remember her being there on my graduation days from High School and then College. She was there when we finished deputation and started our journey to Peru. Barbara was always there pushing us to grow and served as an example of a godly servant.

I am reminded of the saying: "Only one life will soon be past, only what's done for Christ will last!" Barbara's life was far too short. Her time with us is now over. Yet, the heritage of humble service she left behind will not soon be forgotten. I can only imagine the number of young people she influenced in her nearly 20 years of service with church teens. Barbara had many friends. She accomplished a lot in her life. Her work for Christ will now live on in the lives of so many that she influenced.

Now we begin to search for a much needed replacement. Who will take over where she used to minister? Who will strive to impact teens in their local church? Who will promote missions and pray daily for a great harvest of souls around the globe? Who will work to be a servant like Barbara? Our lives are short. Let's get to work for our Lord!