That wasn't so bad!

Thanks to all of you that have been praying for my health. I have been struggling with stomach aches for far to long and decided it was time to find a solution. It is a blessing to have the good medical care here in Lima. I called a gastroenterologist and scheduled an appointment the same day! I was able to schedule the needed endoscopy the following day and had the ultrasound test the very next day! I go for the follow-up visit on Monday. I also managed to take care of all the needed tests and lab work between visits. Imagine taking care of all of that in one week! I would be waiting for my first appointment if I was in the states.

I was very nervous about the endoscopy test and appreciate all of you that prayed for me that day. The test was a breeze. I thought I would be able to stay awake after being given the sedative but I was out of it within a few seconds. I actually have no memory of the procedure, or even the taxi ride home! I gave the taxi driver directions, ate a candy bar, and discussed my plans for the day. It's too bad I don't remember any of that. Debbie has enjoyed repeating stories of the silly things I had to say during that drowsy ride home. All in all, it wasn't so bad!

UPDATE: Thanks to all of you that have been faithfully praying for my health. I returned to the doctor for a follow-up visit. We were pleased to hear that all of my tests came back normal. He doesn't believe any further testing is needed at this time. I have been started on four medications that I will take for three weeks. I will then come back for another visit in about a month. The doctor says that it looks like I have been suffering from gastritis for a long time. The medications should help clear it up for now. We are thankful for an easy diagnosis.